ADVANTAGES OF THE PANAMA REGISTRY
Ship Registry 1 No worldwide, established since 1925. Approximately 23% of the world’s fleet is under the Panamanian flag.
1. No nationality restrictions for registry.
2. No nationality restrictions for manning.
3. No minimum tonnage or age requirements for vessels.
4. No re-inspections needed for vessels changing register if they have valid statutory certificates.
5. Free LRIT for vessels (Long range identification and tracking system).
6. Tokyo MOU White list.
7. Paris MOU White list.
8. Category “A” of the IMO Council.